Good idea, seems to me. >> As it turns out I will probably use a Jensen
Boiler and parts as the basis of a steam loco<<.

I have "powered" my Jensen with an electric motor to perform as a steam
driven generator  for a big Xmas layout I once had that included a ferris
wheel, carousel and other carnival stations. Heck, PBS put on their local
channel!.

Since my Jenson is 110/60 heated, I have considered using it to bench test
locos indoors. It would be great to use a steam cleaner too, particularly
on coal fired locos.

Cheddar--I don't have one of their locos but I do have a boat with a
Cheddar engine--impressive performance!

Geoff.

Not only that but will use Jensens products (if proved usefull) to power
some of the beautiful stationary engine kits that are out there, could form
the basis of some great garden railway effects.   Quit right about the very
high end engines, I'll never be in the Mighty Aster Leauge but I certainly
enjoy them from afar, thanks Aster and thanks to those who do own and run
them.  Untill someone decides to take the Chance with producing a modern
U.S. made steam loco, I will continue to save my former smoking habits
funds for another Ruby, then a Cheddar or two and then finally a
.........    the list goes on.      Have a good weekend all, keep 'em
steaming.