At 11:57 AM 8/31/04 -0400, you wrote:
>[snip a "true" Stephenson's Link Motion ALWAYS has two eccentrics,
>So, to make it short, if there is only one eccentric, it isn't Stephenson's
>[snip] So unless you make an exhaustive study of valve gears, some can >be
a bit difficult to identify.
>Sincerely Keith Taylor

Keith,
    Hah!  Great minds (etc, etc) . . . I was just about to post this when
yours came in:
    "Without laborious study of the ancient texts (which I ain't about to
do anytime soon) I can't say whether you are close or correct but IML&HO a
single eccentric does not a Stephenson's gear make.  I'd say that permutes
it into something else but what I don't know."

Regards,
Harry