I found the books available thru Amazon.com.  The title is:  Making
Mechanical Marvels out of Wood by Raymond Levy; cost is $14.95.  Again, it's quite a
delightful book, but I never did build any of the mechanisms.  This is a great
book if you ever decide to do any Automata sculptures.  The other book that I
was refering to is called:  Making Wooden Mechanical Models by Alan
Bridgewater; $21.95.  It is out of print, but seems to be available used.  Both books
come up on Amazon and you can look at the table of contents.
Bob Starr