Vance,

The pic wasn't stripped, you made a "faux" pas but got away with it--hey, it was worth it!

Thanks!

Geoff.

P.S. I am attaching a highly exciting photo of my wife and me in bed and steaming up on our 60th anniversary but no doubt it'll get stripped. I have no such luck as you did!!

Royce,

Here's a photo of the firebox of an 0-4-4. Obviously the arms for mounting
the front pivot are missing, but as you can see, it's pretty simple. Just a
metal box hanging down between the frames. On some, you could see
the rivets staying the wet legs, but on this one, it looks like the ashpan is
all that's visible.

I hope that helped.

(List readers, sorry this will get stripped off the note. If you're dying to see
the photo, I'll be glad to send it to you if you contact me off-list.)
regards,
-vance-