On 09/30/2015 09:38 AM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
Hi,

to help the OpenSCAP integration, I prepared a wiki page that contains
options which have a security impact -- either positive (drop root) or
negative (ignore certificate validation issues).

I also tried to explain the effect of the options along with the
description. There are some more items that can be included, but I
wasn't sure about them myself, like:
     * should obfuscated passwords be mentioned? I wasn't sure because on
       one hand it really doesn't provide any benefit, on the other hand,
       the option can be used to check a compliance box that requires no
       passwords be stored in files..
     * should the page warn against the
       auth-option-that-shall-not-be-mentioned or politely deny its
       existence? :-)
     * What about fd_limit ? Should resource consumption be considered
       a security property, especially if we already honor system default? I
       think here the default is enough, so I didn't document that option.

Please provide your comments or edit the wiki directly. Thanks!

Should not we also mention dreadful option
ldap_auth_disable_tls_never_use_in_production ?

I know it's undocumented, but I suppose OpenSCAP should report its presence
anyway.