On 03/03/2017 05:30 PM, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
On (03/03/17 11:23), Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 10:14:41AM +0100, Pavel Březina wrote:
On 03/03/2017 09:57 AM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
Hi,

I started on migrating the wiki content from fedorahosted to pagure.
Because we are working hard on finishing the 1.15.1 and 1.15.2 releases,
I want to only migrate the content that we need right now, which is the
releases page (so that we can put the release notes somewhere) and
design pages for 1.15 features.

So far I was trying the documentation out in a sandbox repo:
    https://pagure.io/docs/jhrozek-doctest/
I think it looks OK and I like the rst->sphinx->html workflow:
    https://docs.pagure.org/pagure/usage/using_doc.html

Regarding the repositories, I propose we do this:
    1) create a new repo under the SSSD namespace, perhaps:
        https://pagure.io/SSSD/docs
    This repo will only contain the rst sources. I would like to ask
    Patrick to mirror this repo to github so we can use PRs to update
    documentation.

    2) When a PR to this repo is merged, one of the maintainers will run
    "make html" in the docs repo. This will generate HTML documentation
    from the rst sources.

    3) This HTML documentation will be pushed to:
        ssh://g...@pagure.io/docs/SSSD/sssd.git

Since I would only like to put up the releases and changelogs for now, I
would like to ask to temporarily not review the RST changes with PRs
until we are done with 1.15 development.

Please speak up if you disagree :-)

I'm sorry but this seems wrong and over-complicated in modern world. At
least new pages should be written in some document language (markdown?)
It is not such overcomplicated because it can be easily automated
with git push hook. Maybe it is not possible atm in pagure.
But we know pagure developers :-)

So in the end; you will/might just review pull request and merge it.
just few clicks :-)

It is written in RST. I just finished a first round, so you can very
easily try it out:
   - dnf install python2-sphinx (only documentation builders need to do
     that)
   - clone https://pagure.io/jhrozek-doctest.git
     This is the documentation source in RST
   - go the the cloned directory and run make html. This gives you the
     rendered HTML
   - the rendered HTML can be viewed at
     https://pagure.io/docs/jhrozek-doctest/

and
let pagure disaply it without manual conversion. If it can't do that then
file a ticket.

Pagure can display rst directly, but sphinx can add additional sugar
like rendering table of contents or links between pages. I'm not sure if
pagure can do this on the fly on its own.
Agree

http://blog.samalik.com/fedora-modularity-documentation/

Are we going to have something like this?
https://docs.pagure.org/modularity/

That would be nice.