Title: #703: nss: sssd returns '/' for emtpy home directories

thalman commented:
"""

> > Or at least we should IMO add some backwards compatible handling when this
> > patch makes it to fedora or RHEL otherwise admins might not be happy. From
> > purely upstream point of view this change is probably OK with me.
> > I think the AD provider should synthetize an home dir by default, without
> > any specific option being set, it's what is considered normal also in
> > winbind land, in fact I would look closely at what winbind does and do the
> > same for AD users by default. If fallback_homedir is set, skip the default
> > and use what that setting specifies.
>
> Then why not set a default value for fallback homedir? :-)

I see only one catch here - once we create not null default (for example
/home/%u),
how can an admin unset this to empty string and get the "original /etc/passwd"
behaviour?
And do we care about such use case?

"""

See the full comment at