Title: #760: Add use_2fa_combined option to allow pam services to be configured
as password+otp entry

sumit-bose commented:
"""
Hi,

thank you for sending your idea early. Issues two-factor prompting were
reported e.g. in https://pagure.io/SSSD/sssd/issue/3264 and in general you
patch would help to solve them.

However I'd prefer to solve it a bit differently as outlined in the design page
https://pagure.io/fork/sbose/SSSD/docs/blob/prompt_config/f/design_pages/prompting_configuration.rst
 I'm currently working on. The main difference is that the way how pam_sss will
prompt the user is configured in sssd.conf and controlled by the PAM responder
and not by the module itself. The idea is to have all configuration in one
place and keep the pam_sss module as dump and simple as possible. I'd be happy
if you have any comments or suggestions.

My plan is to finish the design page and implement the first items, including
the 2fa prompting during the next 4 weeks.

bye,
Sumit
"""

See the full comment at