Dear all,

I would like to use SSSD's dmap_sss backend (1.15.3) for winbindd (Version
4.6.7) to let SSSD map UIDs/GIDs and SIDs on a file server in an samba based AD
environment. I've followed the limited instructions of the man page but from
the logs it seems that winbindd does directly communicate with the AD server.

The major settings in smb.conf are:
[global]
    workgroup = MYDOMAIN
    realm = MYDOMAIN.COM
    security = ads

    winbind use default domain = yes
    winbind nss info = rfc2307
    # Default idmap config for local BUILTIN accounts and groups
    idmap config * : range = 10000-19999
    # idmap config for MYDOMAIN
    idmap config MYDOMAIN:backend = sss
    idmap config MYDOMAIN:schema_mode = rfc2307
    idmap config MYDOMAIN:range = 500-9999

What's wrong here? Could someone please provide me with a working example?