Hi Sumit,

understood. The configuration seems to be correct.

> This is to make sure that UIDs and GIDs are consistent
> for Samba components which might ask winbind directly for IDs and other
> applications which will use the system's nss interfaces.

This is exactly the reason, why I want winbind to use the idmap_sss backend.

I have seen that the mapping is cached by at least three caches (windbind:
gencache, winbindd_cache; sssd: sss cache). Are there any timeout
recommendations for sssd and winbindd caches for the mapping to work properly?

Also, is there an easy way to log sss_idmap backend interworking with winbind?

I had following wrong entry in the the caches for a long time (with several
reboots, restarts of winbind d and sssd):

wbind -i rdratlos (from windbindd with sss_idmap)
rdratlos:*:10000:10006:Thomas Xyz:/home/MYDOMAIN/rdratlos:/bin/false

getent passwd rdratlos (from sssd)
rdrat...@mydomain.com:*:1000:513:Thomas Xyz:/home/MYDOMAIN/rdratlos:/bin/bash

Only a combination of
sss_cache -E
net cache flush
systemctl restart winbindd
seemed to have fixed this to:

wbind -i rdratlos (from windbindd with sss_idmap)
rdratlos:*:1000:513:Thomas Xyz:/home/MYDOMAIN/rdratlos:/bin/false

Best regards

Thomas