On Sun, 2018-03-11 at 21:38 +0100, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
> links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
> content is safe.
>

> > On 9 Mar 2018, at 14:45, Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernl...@infinera.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2018-03-09 at 13:28 +0100, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> > > CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not
> > > click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know
> > > the content is safe.
> > >

> > > SSSD 1.16.1
> > > ===========
> > >
> > > The SSSD team is proud to announce the release of version 1.16.1 of the
> > > System Security Services Daemon.
> > >
> > > The tarball can be downloaded from https://releases.pagure.org/SSSD/sssd/
> > >
> > > RPM packages will be made available for Fedora shortly.
> > >
> > > Feedback
> > > --------
> > > Please provide comments, bugs and other feedback
> > > via the sssd-devel or sssd-users mailing lists:
> > >

> > Did a quick test here and it seems like enumerate = true is
> > broken. Is it just me or .. ?
>
> I don’t know about any bugs around enumeration in 1.16.1. Maybe you found an
> issue, but it’s hard to say without more context.

OK, thanks.
I am a bit pressed for time but I did install 1.16.1 on another machine as well
and now I see
a pattern:
I cleared the sss/db and rebooted, logged in and tested again with good old
finger command
and it failed, I waited 5-10 mins and finger still failed. Went on lunch and
when I got back finger worked!

It seems that enumerate can take a very long time?
sssd.conf(minor edits):

[sssd]
config_file_version = 2
domains = xxx.com
services = nss, pam
#debug_level = 0x0fff

[nss]
fallback_homedir = /home/%u
default_shell = /bin/bash
#debug_level = 0x0fff
enum_cache_timeout = 3600
entry_negative_timeout = 300

[pam]
#debug_level = 0x0fff

[domain/xxx.com]
#debug_level = 0xffff

timeout = 30
ad_maximum_machine_account_password_age = 0

ignore_group_members = false
ldap_id_mapping = false
cache_credentials = true
enumerate = false