On Mon, 2018-03-12 at 20:36 +0100, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
> links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
> content is safe.
>

> > On 12 Mar 2018, at 14:59, Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernl...@infinera.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 2018-03-11 at 21:38 +0100, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> > > CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not
> > > click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know
> > > the content is safe.

> > > I don’t know about any bugs around enumeration in 1.16.1. Maybe you found
> > > an issue, but it’s hard to say without more context.
> >
> > OK, thanks.
> > I am a bit pressed for time but I did install 1.16.1 on another machine as
> > well and now I see
> > a pattern:
> > I cleared the sss/db and rebooted, logged in and tested again with good old
> > finger command
> > and it failed, I waited 5-10 mins and finger still failed. Went on lunch and
> > when I got back finger worked!
> >
> > It seems that enumerate can take a very long time?
>
> Yes, but that should be no different from 1.16.0. Do the two versions behave
> differently for you?

Yes, I don't recall 1.16.0 taking that long.
One odd thing I noticed:
  finger -m <user name>
will fail with enumerate=true until the enumeration is done.
With enumerate=false it will always succeed, even after a restart with empty
cache.

> Did you already check the sssd logs if there is anything interesting there?

No, not yet, don't have the BW to process these ATM.

> btw the config file you posted uses enumerate=false, did you revert from true
> because of the issue you are seeing?

yes, I did revert before sending the config file, sorry for that.