I did upgrade to 1.16.0 on one server, restarted the service, invalidated the
sssd cache (sss_cache -E) and did an 'id username | grep tech' and the group is
still missing altogether.  I thought it might be a token size issue, but it
shouldn’t be, unless sssd doesn’t come close to handling the 48000 byte max
tokens Windows does.

Token Details for user
**********************************
User's domain is INTERNAL.
Total estimated token size is 5984.
For access to DCs and delegatable resources the total estimated token
delegation size is 11968.
Effective MaxTokenSize value is: 48000
Problem not detected.

*Token Details for user*
There are 191 groups in the token.
There are 0 SIDs in the users SIDHistory.
There are 104 SIDs in the users groups SIDHistory attributes.
There are 104 total SIDHistories for user and groups user is a member of.
77 are domain global scope security groups.
0 are domain local security groups.
1 are universal security groups inside of the users domain.
0 are universal security groups outside of the users domain.

> On Apr 24, 2018, at 7:39 AM, Sumit Bose <sb...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 11:20:36AM +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

>> Actually, this might have been the case long ago but cannot say for sure.

>>> The AD LDAP service requires authentication and by default the keytab
>>> created while joining the AD domain is used by SSSD's AD provider to
>>> authenticate against AD to be able to lookup user, groups and other
>>> data.
>>>
>>> For user authentication the keytab is used to validate the Kerberos
>>> ticket returned by the AD DC.
>>>
>>> If SSSD is in offline state only cached data is used, in this case the
>>> keytab is not needed.
>>>
>>> If you add the needed parameters to sssd.conf to use a simple LDAP bind
>>> for authentication and disable ticket validation you do not need a valid
>>> keytab. But I would recommend to just make sure a valid keytab is