On Sun, 12 Jul 2015 09:03:59 -0400
Sasha Levin <sasha.le...@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 07/11/2015 08:05 AM, Jeff Layton wrote:
> > Sasha, I cc'ed you on a few of the emails surrounding this patch. It
> > needs to be reverted from mainline and stable kernels (or just not
> > applied in the first place if the stable kernel hasn't been released
> > yet).
> >
> > I've got a patchset that should fix this in a safer way queued up in my
> > linux-next branch. Once that's merged we can see about whether (and
> > how) to fix this in stable.
>
> How critical is it? Do we need to spin a new stable release?
>

> Thanks,
> Sasha

It affects people using flock or OFD file locking on NFSv4.x mounts,
particularly when file descriptors are closed while still holding locks
on them. Anyone not doing that should be fine, but anyone who _is_ can
oops.

Spinning a new release probably wouldn't hurt, depending on when you
intend to release the next one.

--
Jeff Layton <jlay...@poochiereds.net>