On Jul 3, 2007, at 8:01 AM, Dave Cridland wrote:

All ordering operations are performed using the "i;octet" collation, as defined in
        section 9.3 of RFC4790.

fine.

Which makes me wonder - we might need to normalize unicode input, if there really is any. capabilityprep, anyone?

They're URIs, right?  Don't they have defined comparability already?

I'm not sure why readability is important here. It's never going on the wire.
Absolutely, but the result of the hash is. Therefore, it's useful for debugging purposes that two hash inputs can be compared by eye to see why they don't match. I believe this has been shown to be a bit of a lack in things like DIGEST-MD5, for example.

Fine. Let's specify it really closely, though, including precisely which line-endings to use, and the like.

--
Joe Hildebrand