On Aug 10, 2007, at 11:52 AM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

Joe Hildebrand wrote:
1) A new MUC role which effectively the opposite of visitor. Of course,
on the bar napkin, this got written as "rotisiv". :)  A rotisiv can
potentially speak (broadcasting to all of the members of the room), but can't see any of the messages that are broadcast to the room. As well, rotisivs get presence from all of the participants and moderators of the
room, but nobody receives the rotisiv's presence from the room.
Obviously, an implementation might want ACLs to specify who can be a
rotisiv for a given room.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want visitors to receive messages, perhaps
I'm missing something. I can understand why the room admins would not
want to broadcast presence from visitors in a moderated room, but that's
why we have the muc#roomconfig_presencebroadcast option.

The use case is:

- I'm not in the marketing group, but I'm rotisiv'ing it to see when any of them arrive at the office - I broadcast a message to the marketing group, asking for the new slide deck template, so that whoever is available can help me - You rotisiv the marketing group, you shouldn't see my presence through the group, since I'm not a member - You broadcast a message to the marketing group; I shouldn't see it, because it's none of my business