From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Peter Saint-Andre
Sent: 12 September 2007 05:19 PM
To: XMPP Extension Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Standards] [Fwd: I-D
Action:draft-melnikov-digest-to-historic-00.txt]

Jonathan Chayce Dickinson wrote:
> Or, alternatively, what I said before, is that the SSL/TLS be two way,
that
> is both the client and the server present certificates (SASL EXTERNAL).

TLS + SASL EXTERNAL is also mandatory-to-implement. But how many people
have or use X.509 certificates? I seem to be just about the only person
who signs their email with such a certificate on this list, or even on
the security-related IETF lists. If even members of the IETF security
mafia don't eat their own dogfood, I don't see how we can expect the
average Jabber user to do so.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre