Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 04:39:46PM -0500, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
>> The XMPP Extensions Editor has received a proposal for a new XEP.
>>
>> Title: Requirements for IM File Transfer
>
> May I add that it is sometime desirable to transfer large files,

How large is "large"? Just curious!

I didn't address file size at all in the requirements yet, but I think
it may help to think about what we mean by "large" and "small". I have
heard of some companies where it is not rare for an email attachment to
be 2G!

> so they
> must go "trough" and not get saved as whole somewhere.

I'm not sure what you mean by "go through and not get saved as a whole
somewhere". Does that mean the file never even exists on the sender's
device, that it doesn't get stored in the middle somewhere?

And part of what we need to consider is how many potential recipients
there might be. If there are lots of recipients, a technology like
torrent is probably more appropriate.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre