Michal 'vorner' Vaner said the following on 01/12/2008 05:53 PM:
>> What happens when the other side changes to unavailable is defined, but
>> not in terms of connection losses. They are a problem and I'm not sure
>> how to handle these.
>> If the game was not canceled, the client should be able to reconnect and
>> play. If the client crashes, this is not possible, but the other player
>> could save the game it is of the complete knowledge kind.
>
> Hm, did I read it too fast and missed it somewhere, or is there only the
> think that a client should terminate the game before disconnection?

I added a sentence to the XEP to clear things up.

> I would rather like to see the numbers negotiated than have
> variants like:
> 20x20-5
> 40x40-5
> and so on.

Feel free to send me your proposal for a section which defines this.

> (I get this is the first version, but I think a XEP for 3x3-3 variant
> and another XEP for other variants is somehow a waste, so it would be
> nice to have it possible in future in the protocol. Not that every
> client would have to understand all the variants.)

You are right. I thought of adding other variants into this one XEP in
the future (since it's not final) and not writing a new one for each
variant.

>> Saving is not yet supported by this XEP. I don't think that saving a
>> game of Tic Tac Toe is really necessary and it could be explicitly
>> stated that it is not supported.
>
> Could be a nice example, thought. And you do not need to define much
> ;-):
>
> <tictactoe>
> X_O
> OOX
> ___
> </tictactoe>
>
> (Again, I know, it's first version.)

Well the XEP Game Support has a fictive example for saving Tic Tac Toe
using Data Forms. Your way is much shorter, but is useless for being an
example on how to save game states in general. I'm not an expert on this
and don't know what's the best way. Suggestions by long time XMPP
experts are welcome.

> Have a nice day

Greets,
Torsten