Torsten Grote wrote:

Do you have any opinion on the disco for individual games?

How many games do you expect clients to support?

I see basically three ways to do it:

1. include games in normal disco as feature

That seems OK. The nice thing is that if a user installs the checkers plugin (or whatever), it can send an entity capabilities update.

2. use info/item nodes in normal disco

That might be appropriate. It depends on what we think a game is (is it a feature or an item?).

3. some "own" third way, as we did

-1

Number 1 could blow up the disco response considerably, while Number 2
and 3 allow for a separate query for games. Unfortunately, I can't come
up with a nice way to do Number 2.

Using disco#info or disco#items is preferable.

Our current solution is very similar to a disco#items query (e.g. MUC
room query). Are there any good reasons not to do it that way?

Yes, it's non-standard and other clients won't be able to play along.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/