On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 8:39 AM, Alexander Gnauck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I posted some stats in another thread before:
>  http://mailman.jabber.org/pipermail/jdev/2006-November/024552.html
>
>  They were not from a very long lived session, but I think they show that
>  some stanzas compress very well.

The most interesting part is that it's very clear that after a very
short transitory initial part, when zlib basically learns the correct
symbol dictionary, the compression becomes very effective for the
strong correlation between messages. I don't think that the other
benchmarks on binary xml reflect well this type of data

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com