On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Justin Karneges
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sunday 30 March 2008 7:34 pm, anders conbere wrote:
>  > However in XMPP our roster grouping are still relegated to binning or
>  > boxing (an item in a group exists in one and only one group).
>
>  Actually, in XMPP a contact may be in multiple groups.  In fact, the grouping
>  is more like "tagging" than any sort of binning, since there is no group
>  hierarchy stored in the roster (a group cannot exist without a contact in it,
>  much like a "tag" can often not exist without at least one thing tagged).

Hmm so this problem is by and large in how Groups are implemented in the wild?

That in and of itself might seem to be reason at least to create a new
semantic grouping. Right now I'm struggling to find an number of
clients that let me keep  users in multiple groups, or at least give
me ui to group in a tagging like behavior.

~ Anders