Emil Hesslow wrote:
Hi,

I'm writing my own pubsub component and what I want to do is just to push messages to people that are online.

And when I look in XEP-0060 I found that there is a property called presence_based_delivery but I can't understand how it suppose to work.

Right now I have to tell all subscribers that they either send a presence message to my pubsub component to tell that they are online or they have to allow a presences subscription that my component sends.

But I can't find any way in the protocol to tell users that they need to do that. If a subscriber want he can subscribe to a node but because he don't tell the pubsub component that he is online he will never get any event messages.

What is the recommended way to do this?

I think you'd use subscription options:

http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#subscriber-subscribe-configure

http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#subscriber-configure