On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Emil Hesslow wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 7:32 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:

>>> I think you'd use subscription options:
>>>

>>> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#subscriber-subscribe-configure
>>>
>>> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#subscriber-configure
>>>
>>> /psa
>>>

>> But subscription options is options the subscriber sets.
>>
>> The pubsub#presence_based_delivery is a configuration option for the
>> node which tells if the node pushes events only to users that are
>> online or not. But I can't understand how the owner of the node knows
>> that. And I can't find any information about it.
>
> Ah, I see what you're saying. You want a way to tell subscribers in-band
> that they need to share presence with the node / pubsub service. In my
> experience (e.g., with Mimir), the subscriber won't discover that in-band,
> instead they will go to a website to register first, and part of the
> instructions will be that a bot will send a presence subscription to the
> user. That can be done in-band as well, naturally.
>
> Peter

Ok, just wanted to know if there existed something in xep-0060 that I could use.

So if I want to do it in-band how would one do it? The only way I
could think of is the following:

Subscriber -> Server - Sends a subscription message
Server -> Subscriber - Send a presence subscription message
Subscriber -> Server - Answer the presence subscription message
Server -> Subscriber - Answer the subscription message.

But I have no idea if that is a good way or not.

/ Emil