Just a sidenote to the roster sequencing...

There are clients (e.g. Gajim) that ask for
vCard right now to show user avatars.

In future the usual flow might be that the client
asks sequentially for various user information via
some PubSub/PEP requests.

IMO we should not forget this when designing protocols
for optimization. We might want to unify roster-optimization
with PEP/PubSub optimization.

Pavel

--

Web: http://www.pavlix.net/