> I disagree - I think using <iq/> is probably the wrong thing to do a lot of
> the time. But this is almost besides the point.

I would like to hear why, but not necessarily in this thread.

Anyway, if we generalize the fact that, when a resource goes away and
it suddenly is replaced by another, I still don't really see a
problem. In this case, the receiving client may receive a few packets
(which it will drop, and optionally show a warning, although I don't
see any reason for bothering the user about it), but after that the
sender will immediately stop sending and report a problem to the
sending user (and optionally, send an error through Jingle to the
receiving entity).

But as you said, this is an IBB problem, not a E2E problem.

cheers,
Remko