Hi,

On Oct 7, 2008, at 12:13 PM, Pavel Simerda wrote:
On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 16:35:03 +0100
Pedro Melo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Oct 6, 2008, at 3:43 PM, Jonathan Schleifer wrote:

Am 06.10.2008 um 13:30 schrieb Pedro Melo:

IMHO, you should use caps for that.

That's the proper way to solve it. Use an identity client/phone
or client/handheld.

Doesn't solve the issue with you are connected via laptop and
desktop at home and are online using GPRS on the laptop (I already
gave this example before, so I won't give it again - read the old
messages for the full example).

See my previous messages: caps, disco, and disco identities, with
the name attribute, solve all your current problems.

And in a standard, document, way, not subject to I8N interpretations.

Best regards,

+1

Thanks for pointing out the right solution for this particular case...
but I don't see home/work and other info there.

Sure, that would be the name attribute value.

Because home, work, et al is the name you choose to give to those instances.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]