Am 23.10.2008 um 23:06 schrieb Marcus Lundblad:

I don't know how well-spread the usage of .jisp themes is. But I think
this kind of thing might be a little more up the clients themselves to
define.

Exactly, JISP is not really what I was thinking about. But it sure would be a good idea to have a common format for smilie sets accross the various XMPP clients.

However, that should be splittet into two XEPs - one only defining JISP, one defining a common set of smilies.

What I had in mind might more like a small "best practise" type XEP that would would define a list of recommended smileys for GUI-based clients.
Much like the "core icons" section of XEP-0038. This seems to be
something along the lines of what Jonathan Schleifer had planned too.

Yup, that's exactly what I meant.

--
Jonathan