Hello Curtis,

Curtis King wrote:

On 5-Mar-09, at 10:19 AM, Mickael Remond wrote:

>> The resource conflict is still handled / enforced on opening new
>> session. And if the session you want to resume has been kicked due to
>> resource conflict, sm-id will not match, so your session resume will
>> not
>> work.
>
> I'm confused by this comment. You say you want to use the full jid for
> resumption yet you refer to using the sm-id which I said you need to
> use. If you have the sm-id then you don't need the full jid, but it's
> moot anyways as to have the full jid the client needs to bind first.
> Passing both the full jid and sm-id is not a big deal, even though the
> server could encode the jid into the sm-id in deterministic way to it.

You need both full-jid and sm-id.
My previous post mention that full jid is needed for "routing" (finding
the session) and sm-id is needed as access key.

> With resource conflict and stream management you most likely don't
> want to kick the old session as the original client will want to
> resume it. There  should a timeout for how long the sm-id is valid
> for.

If the session you want to resume as been kicked, you probably want to
not allow resuming with old key.
Yes, there should be a timeout if no one ever resume.

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/