On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 7:49 PM, XMPP Extensions Editor <edi...@xmpp.org> wrote:
> Version 0.6 of XEP-0198 (Stream Management) has been released.
>
> Abstract: This specification defines an XMPP protocol extension for active
> management of an XML stream between two XMPP entities, including features for
> stanza acknowledgements, pings, and stream resumption.

Which is the value of having a <ping/> and a <pong/> stanza in
addition to <a/> <r/> stanzas besides the ability of sending back and
error condition saying that packets are being throttled? I'm asking
because I'm wondering if this is feasible, since when a connection is
throttled packets are usually queue in a buffer before calling the xml
parser and also pings aren't processed.

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com