--- On Thu, 9/4/09, Justin Karneges <justin-keyword-jabber.093...@affinix.com>
wrote:

> From: Justin Karneges <justin-keyword-jabber.093...@affinix.com>
> Subject: Re: [Standards] unavailable presence from bare JID
> To: "XMPP Standards" <standards@xmpp.org>
> Date: Thursday, 9 April, 2009, 8:30 PM
> On Thursday 09 April 2009 04:16:32
> Mridul Muralidharan wrote:
> > --- On Thu, 9/4/09, Justin Karneges
> <justin-keyword-jabber.093...@affinix.com>
> wrote:
> > > However, transport contacts often have no
> resource.
> > > These are not real logged
> > > in XMPP clients, but faked contacts from a
> server
> > > component.  You will get
> > > <presence from='screenn...@aim.transport'/>
> > > and have to deal with it.
> >
> > You are right, you can/will get non-unavailable
> presence with from as
> > barejid from components (and so I tried to carefully
> word it as user in my
> > mail :-) ). That being said, before you receive the
> presence, the client
> > would know that the bare jid corresponds to a
> component right ? IIRC the
> > presence received is in response to client action
> (subsequent to disco,
> > etc) - any time this is not the case ?
>
> No, presence from contacts faked by transports is received
> automatically, just
> like with regular contacts.  No client action is
> necessary.

To get it clarified (since I am looking at client libraries right now), that is
still within the component's domain right ?
Not outside of it ?

What I mean is :

user disco's/connects to component transport.server.domain
component sends back presence for us...@transport.server.domain,
us...@transport.server.domain/res , etc

Or do you mean something different ?
So in essence, I am trying to see if a client can infer if the presence from a
bare jid is coming from a component (and so handled separately) or from an xmpp
user where barejid does not make sense.

Thanks for clarifying.

Regards,
Mridul