On Wed Jun 17 14:34:50 2009, Kevin Smith wrote:
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Evgeniy Khramtsov<xramt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dave Cridland wrote:
>> Well, a broken client is by its nature unreliable
>> I don't think you can do anything to prevent that.
> We can show to the sender that the recipient didn't receive the message.

How? If the client is broken, you have no way of knowing that it's not
sending message receipts in error.

Or that your client isn't dropping the receipts when it gets them back, of course.

Basically, while we can posit unreliable connections, and - in the specific case of end-to-end reliability - unreliable servers, the notion of end-to-end reliability in the face of unreliable endpoints is well beyond our abilities to deal with.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:d...@cridland.net - xmpp:d...@dave.cridland.net
 - http://dave.cridland.net/