On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 1:55 AM, Matthew Wild<mwi...@gmail.com> wrote:

[....]
> I think any client which doesn't obey this is inherently insecure
> already and should be fixed now, regardless of whether this proposed
> change goes ahead. For the reasons I stated on the XMPP list I don't
> have any desire for servers to vet stanzas a client receives to its
> full JID (privacy lists aside).

XML well-formedness apart ;)

Ok, convincing argument, though I still think that a separate
namespace doesn't trouble any existing codebase and it allows
experimenting with something new. But perhaps it is just aesthetics
(and nobody forbids to use it privately, if you can't upgrade the
server)

bye

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.