Evgeniy Khramtsov wrote:
Hello.

I'm thinking of XEP-0215 implementation. In fact, the XEP is very simple to implement (at least on server), but that leads to configuration overkill. I imagine a system administrator maintaining a server with N nodes in a cluster and H virtual hosts. He wants to configure a stun, stuns, turn and turns server in external discovery. In that case he need to create N*3*H*3*H records in the configuration file: a stun and turn takes 3 sections per virtual host (udp, tcp and tls) each and requires to configure it on every node. If N=2 and H=2 (a cluster of 2 nodes and 2 virtual hosts) he needs to create 72 records! Of course a server software may provide a technique to reduce the overhead, but that may cause a configuration file complexity.

Personally, I'm interesting in a short-term credentials allocation for a TURN server. I think DNS is the right place to discover stun/turn services since corresponding specifications provide SRV records for that.

I think we can move the secret allocation part in a separate request. Example:

<iq type='get'
   from='b...@shakespeare.lit/globe'
   to='shakespeare.lit'
   id='all1'>
 <secret xmlns='urn:xmpp:extdisco:0' type='turn'/>
</iq>

<iq type='result'
   from='shakespeare.lit'
   to='b...@shakespeare.lit/globe'
   id='all1'>
 <secret xmlns='urn:xmpp:extdisco:0' type='turn' username='jl2er'
password='iowerf324'/>

Or something like that. What do you think?

--
Regards,
Evgeniy Khramtsov, ProcessOne.