On 01/12/2010 17:03, Dave Cridland wrote:
On Wed Dec  1 16:40:34 2010, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
On 12/1/10 9:39 AM, Dave Cridland wrote:
> On Wed Dec  1 16:33:30 2010, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> Will someone volunteer to take over maintainership of XEP-0270? I simply
>> don't have the cycles to do it justice.
>
> XEP-0270 is compliance suites - don't we want to shelve that one and
> make a 2011 one?
>
> (Something I'd be fine with handling the XEP side of, but couldn't hope
> to pretend to be impartial about).

Sorry, I meant the microblogging spec:

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0277.html

I'm entirely happy with maintaining this, as long as there is sufficient interest in the community to provide things to put *in* it. ie, I'll cheerfully act as editor, and document consensus, but not author.

Dave.
Okay, I've been thinking a while theses last days about this, read again this thread: http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2010-September/023817.html , and then would share some ideas: - every pubsub node can have an "answer" node, given in an @related attribute (or else), which is a collection node, and on which users will post answers; - for each item in the node, there is a subnode created on the answer collection node using the id of the concerned item. The server will create it only when an user will publish an element on the subnode. - each item in the answer node can have an @related attribute, which is the id of an another item published in the same answer node; Basically, I tough about "thread" attribute, but this is limited at one sub-level of answer. - user can post a reference element on the answer node in state of publish element directly on the answer node. In this case, use atom?
This system can be used for microblogging, blogging, forum, and so...

Example for microblogging:

C: <iq type="get" to="ro...@shakespeare.it">
<query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items";>
</iq>
S: <iq type="result" to="jul...@shakespeare.it">
<queryxmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items";>
<item node="urn:xmpp:microblog" related="urn:xmpp:microblog:comments" />
<item node="urn:xmpp:activityStream"related="urn:xmpp:activityStream:comments" />
<item node="mylifeisbeautiful"related="comments/mylifeisbeautiful" />
<item node="ilovejulietsomuch"related="comments/ilovejulietsomuch" />
</query>
</iq>
C: <iq type="get" to="ro...@shakespeare.it">
<pubsubxmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'>
<itemsnode="urn:xmpp:microblog:0"/>
</pubsub>
</iq>
S: <iq type="result" to="jul...@shakespeare.it">
<pubsubxmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'>
<items node="urn:xmpp:microblog:0" related="urn:xmpp:microblog:comments">
<item id="item000"> <!-- DATA --> </item>
<item id="item001"> <!-- DATA --> </item>
<item id="item002"> <!-- DATA --> </item>
</items>
</pubsub>
</iq>
C: <iq type="get" to="ro...@shakespeare.it">