On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 15:46, Kevin Smith <ke...@kismith.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Nicolas Vérité
> <nicolas.ver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 11:19, Kevin Smith <ke...@kismith.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Following a discussion in jdev, I've thrown together the skeleton of a
>>> XEP for correcting previous messages.
>>> I'll clean it up before submitting, but the rough gist is at:
>>> http://www.doomsong.co.uk/extensions/render/xep-correct.html
>>> Discussion welcome.
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Not much discussion on this, it either means it is perfect... or
>> no-one has interest in it. ;-)
>>
>> We are nearing a release of OneTeam Desktop beta2, with a real UI/UX
>> for the correction feature. For now we are just sending and
>> interpreting a substitution string à la vi (s/wrong/right/). It can be
>> considered a fallback to this XEP. So we are ready to implement it.
>>
>> Can we advance this XEP?
>
> Or turn it into a XEP, even.
>
> Council have roughly agreed (two weeks ago, I think) to publish this
> as soon as I finish off a couple of details that I now forget. I've
> just been pretty busy. I will move it up my priority pile.

Ah, good news, excellent! Then maybe we can start implementing it.

Just one common feedback from our most technical users:
we should:
1/ forbid the edition/correction of other messages than the last
2/ authorize the correction only once
Because otherwise:
A/ you could mess up with client and servers histories/logs
B/ you could have a real time conversation with someone, but
afterwards correct everything

* only the latest message

We could also suggest client and logger implementors to provide a UI
to switch back and forth to the original and corrected messages.
--
Nicolas Vérité (Nÿco) mailto:nicolas.ver...@gmail.com
Jabber ID : xmpp:n...@jabber.fr