On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 1:37 AM, XMPP Extensions Editor <edi...@xmpp.org> wrote:

> Title: Extensible Status Conditions for Multi-User Chat
>
> Abstract: This document defines an extensible format for status conditions in
> Multi-User Chat, similar to the error format used in the core of XMPP.

> The XMPP Council will decide at its next meeting whether to accept this
> proposal as an official XEP.

Is this intended to remain as a separate XEP, or will this be merged
into XEP-0045? I hope the current status codes are going to go away.

> 102   <unavailable-shown/>
> 103   <unavailable-not-shown/>

I admit to not being aware of these. How do these work? I see them in
the status codes registry, but nowhere else. If they don't work, then
we shouldn't have them in the new XEP.

Codes 170 to 174 in MUC were specific to configuration change, but I'd
like these to be sendable by the service outside of configuration
change (e.g., on room join).

> 100   <realjid-public/>
> 172   <non-anonymous/>

<real-jid/> is redundant. <non-anonymous/> can be used in its place.
If the client really wants to know whether this is a new configuration
change, it can just detect <configuration-changed/>.

--
Waqas Hussain