On Sep 21, 2011, at 4:33 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> On 9/21/11 5:23 PM, Kurt Zeilenga wrote:

>>> Table 4 (5.1.2 Default Roles) shows what is appropriate.
>>
>> Where does this table, or anywhere in that section, does it say what
>> actions are triggered due to the affiliation change?
>>
>> It's not.  Loss of admin affiliation is discussed in section 10… but
>> without detail required to ensure consistent behavior.
>
> I've never seen anyone lose their admin privileges, so I don't know how
> important it is to have consistent behavior.

Because the gov't testers expect consistency between implementations here.  And
if you don't do what they got written in their procedures, you better have some
support in the spec for your behavior else you'll be coding a change.

>> Personally, I think the occupant which loss admin privs to a
>> member-only room ought to be kicked.  Others might think otherwise.
>
> Why not transition from admin to mere member?

The owner could have requested that the admin be moved to member and hence
leaving the user as a participant.

But the owner changed the affiliation to 'none'.  Why would you leave anyone
moved to 'none' in the member-only room?

> I don't see a reason to
> kick or ban someone just because they're no longer an admin, even in a
> members-only room.

Then don't move them to 'none'.  Move them to member.

> And in any case it all depends on what the owner does
> (change affiliation from admin to member or admin to none or admin to
> outcast).

Right.  The question is what should happen if the owner moved the user from
admin to none, not whether the owner should have moved the user to member
instead.

-- Kurt