On 2012-07-17 01:26, Lance Stout wrote:
Given that entity caps are expected to be transmitted in both the sent and
received presence (or failing that you now know a full JID which can be queried
for disco), what more do we really need other than saying that you can include
multiple values in the reason attribute?

   <decloak reason="audio video text" />

>Answers should include details about the presence, such as supported codecs,
and parameters, and encryption capabilities.
Any supported protocols, codecs, etc would be found via disco/entity caps.

The reason value is really just a hint or suggestion, since the requester may
well attempt to subsequently establish a different type of session than
originally requested, or none at all (this should be mentioned in security
considerations, I think). Attempting to layer much more meaning than that seems
more complex than necessary.
Good reasoning,
if we make it:
<decloak reason="audio video real-time-text message-text" />

Real-time text and message text has very different usability characteristics, so they should not be intermixed. Real-time text is rapid without the wait for message composition that appears in message text. It is time to modernize text communication. Merging them under the single label "test" is as asking for streamed video and conversational video at the same time.

/Gunnar