On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Matthew Miller
<linuxw...@outer-planes.net>wrote:

> > About the agreed XEP-0308 and XEP-0301 compatibility:
> > I would like to amend the list of advantages that I sent earlier, due to
> > the improved retroactive editing protocol that is already agreed between
> > myself, Peter, Kevin, and Lance.  (Except potential disagreement about
> > whether to have a third separate 'disco' which I still think is
> unnecessary)
> >

> I still don't understand your resistance to disco, and the argument "the
> software is buggy!" is specious at best.
>
> However, I'm willing to reserve full judgement until I read through the
> updated versions.

No, no -- this one is different, evaluated from a different perspective.
This is a completely different matter from the "fallback method", as this
list simply illustrates optimization to the protocol for maximum
compatibility between a variety of combinations of XEP-0301 and XEP-0301 --
it is not something any of my implementations ever plans to do.    (the
fallback method is for a completely different reason).

Let's get back on the topic.   If there's disco debate, let's move it over
to the fallback method -- which is where I have my resistance.

Also, I honoured everyone's request to improve disco to include both
XEP-0030 and XEP-0115.