On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Philipp Hancke
<fi...@goodadvice.pages.de> wrote:
> Am 13.08.2012 19:06, schrieb Kurt Zeilenga:
>>
>> I rather the client simply add the replacement message to the message
>> stream (as it would any other new message) and provide me some indication
>> that it's a replacement for another message and what that message is.
>
> I like that notion. It doesn't change the 'oh, I meant to say...' model that
> is (probably) widely used today, but still gives a hint which message is
> affected.

Agreed -- I suggest Kevin make a mention suggesting such behavior.

Note, <replace/> has no better/worse potential for amplification
attacks than XEP-0301 does (assuming you follow reasonable rules, such
as automatically transmit traffic when receiving traffic, etc --
neither of which is required for 0301 or 0308)