On 2012-10-13 04:24, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
I know that Kev has been quite busy, but he's quire reliable and I'm
sure he will incorporate the Last Call feedback as he has promised to do.
Was there any last call conclusion?
The feedback was so varied,
some saying that the feature was essential, some saying that it should not be allowed, some requiring that the edited message shall be shown last with changemarks, some accepting the change made in place.
Edit any versus strictly edit last was also discussed.

My conclusions are:
1. The feature will be allowed. ( deduced from your answer that Kev is asked do do an update ) 2. How edits are presented to the receiving user is out of scope, but a recommendation to make it clearly displayed that there was an edit will be included. 3. Edit any previous will be included. It is up to the transmitter to use it or not. Receivers should be prepared to act on editing any previous.

Right?

/Gunnar