Hi folks,

regarding the issue listed at

http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/BoshIssues#Stream_Creation:_missing_.3Cstream:features.2F.3E

I'd propose sth the lines of

%<==========

If no <stream:features/> element is included in the connection manager's
session creation response, then the client SHOULD send empty request elements
until it receives a response containing a <stream:features/> element. Legacy
server implementations that are using aforementioned Non-SASL Authentication
[8] might not send any <stream:features/> element at all. Client
implementations not supporting legacy authentication therefor are advised to
interpret the SHOULD above as a MUST and wait for a <stream:features/> element.
Otherwise they shouldn't wait at all or wait until a timeout occurs. This
timeout should not occur much later than within some seconds.

But still I'm not really happy about it. For supporting some kind of mixed mode
or both, legacy auth and SASL based authentication there is no real good advice
to give if you don't know whether the service in question supports
stream:features or not other the one from above, waiting for a timeout to
occur. But that'd mean to wait every time you're talking to a server that has
legacy auth only. Well, just wanted to point this out. If everybody else is
happy with my proposal then lets just go with it.

.Steve