Hello Youenn,

Thanks for your input. See my responses below.

> Hi Daniel, Peter,
>
> There may be more to define than uploading a XML schema document.
> You probably need to take care of all include/import in a proper way so that
> everything is unambiguous.

Correct. The next revision will include a method for how to create a "main
schema" in an unambiguous way, that will import the schemas agreed on during
schema negotiation. We're working on this revision. It will also include a new
binary-only transport.

> Uploading a compressed XML schema document give benefits on the network side
> but it does not give any benefit on the processing side. Processing a schema
> document is generally difficult and will probably be restricted to XMPP
> servers?

The schemas uploaded will probably be internal to the xmpp server and not used
for other purposes than EXI compression/decompression. However, it's a good
point.

>  Having a simpler format would help (better compression, better processing)
> but would need some significant extra definition work.

Do you know of any such formats?

> As for QName and prefix preservation, whenever you have an attribute whose
> type is QName, the whole attribute value is encoded as a string (except for
> @xsi:type values). Therefore the decoder needs to know how to resolve the
> prefix that is embedded in the string representation to a URI.
> If preserving prefixes, you guarantee that the information is available to
> the decoder.
> But other alternatives, for instance conventions specifically defined to the
> XMPP environment, may be envisioned.

I think the solution of preserving prefixes during schema negotiation is a good
choice and is easy to implement/understand. If you see better alternatives,
please feel free to elaborate.

> Regards,
>       Youenn

Thanks again for your input,