Hello Yusuke.

Work for implementing support for UPnP (and so DLNA) into browsers has been
done in many places. It's one of the use cases in IP-TV applications, to be
able to connect to home entertainment equipment and Home Automation devices
through the set-top-box, which normally runs a browser.

Support for UPnP in browsers has not been standardized (yet, anybody interested
to create a proposal?). What people have done is creating plugins, particular
for a given browser, being a STB-browser, Smart TV, or a more common browser
supporting plugins, like Firefox or Opera. These plugins then publish a
JavaScript API that allows the web applications to access UPnP (& DLNA) devices.

Some links:

http://html5.cablelabs.com/upnp/html5-upnp-integration.html
http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/network-service-discovery-api-support-in-opera/
http://upnp.org/sdcps-and-certification/resources/sdks/

I personally like UPnP & DLNA. It would be a great way to find XMPP-based
devices, particularly IoT devices, in your vicinity, and be able to interact
with them.

Sincerely,
Peter Waher