Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the quick and substantive reply.

At 08:11 21-09-2013, Ralph Meijer wrote:
Finally, there is the Board, which takes care of the organizational stuff regarding the Foundation: finance, planning summits, managing voting, and steering our 'teams'. Board meetings are open, and take place in <xmpp:x...@muc.xmpp.org>, just like member meetings, and also logged. Most of the XSF discussion happens on the members mailing list.

The member meetings would be regular meetings as stated in Section 5.3 of the XSF by-laws.

I do notice that out website doesn't clearly show where the XSF MUC room archives are. That's something we should address.

Ok.

I looked up the Financial summary ( http://xmpp.org/about-xmpp/xsf/xsf-financial-summary/ ). It was last updated in 2008. In my humble opinion providing raw logs is not welcoming for anyone who would like to gain an understanding of what the XSF Board does. I do understand that it is paperwork and it may not seem relevant to the development of XMPP standards. However, the world out there tends to give undue attention to paperwork. Having 501(c)(3) status is not inviting when there aren't timely publicly accessible reports.

On an unrelated note, I was puzzled when I could not find any comment from the XSF Board about a matter which is directly related to the primary mission in light of current events (see http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg82679.html ).

Regards,
-sm