Re: http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html
Solution to MUC discovery.

Further discussions were made between key people off-list quickly try and
address the groupchat (MUC) discovery issue.  This added slight more text
to also cover the server-side of things, too, see below. I'll create a new
XEP-0301 update after I receive comments from m&m that were mentioned to be
sent shortly.

Note: We have a conference presentation about XEP-0301 at ACM ACCESS '13 in
mid-October

CHANGE #1:

5.1 Support for Groupchat

Real-time text MAY also be used with &xep0045; (XEP-0045). Before
transmitting <rtt/> elements to a groupchat room, clients MUST follow
section 17.1.1 of XEP-0045 to verify that the service allows any extension
or that ‘urn:xmpp:rtt:0’ is listed as an allowable namespace.

Services explicitly allowing this extension MUST follow section 17.1.1 of
XEP-0045 to include ‘urn:xmpp:rtt:0’ as an allowable namespace.

See [[[Usage with Multi-User Chat]]].

CHANGE #2: (section 7.5.4)

7.5.4 Usage with Multi-User Chat

For simplicity, clients can implement real-time text only for one-to-one
chat, and not for XEP-0045 Multi-User-Chat. However, it can be appropriate
to support <rtt/> elements in groupchat rooms, even if not all participants
support real-time text, as long as the service allows it (See [[[Support
for Groupchat]]]).

Sincerely,
Mark Rejhon