On 10-12-13 23:48, Matt Miller wrote:

Hi,

>> - The from attribute. I think it should be: "it MUST forward the
>> identity to the client by including a 'from' attribute in a
>> response" (instead of MAY), because the core spec says:
>>> "For response stream headers in both client-to-server and
>>> server-to-server communication, the receiving entity MUST
>>> include the 'from' attribute"
>>> (http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#streams-attr-from) … just
>>> to be conform.
>
> That seems like a reasonable request to me, but we might need more
> feedback from implementers before changing that MAY to a MUST (or
> even just a SHOULD).  For a real BOSH connection manager, it ought
> to be known immediately; for a BOSH-as-proxy, though ... maybe the
> horribly implemented ones need the MAY.

Also see the last lines of section 3 of XEP-0206: the connection
manager is responsible for opening a stream to the server that is
conform the rfc's. In the communication between the connection manager
and the BOSH client, it states about 'from' and 'to': ".... or can use
them for session management purposes specific to the connection
manager implementation."

So changing this also implements that a big change to XEP-0206 is
needed. So I think it would be better to leave it as it is.

Winfried