Hi Daniele,

On 21 January 2014 09:58, Daniele Ricci <daniele.ath...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
> I was thinking of writing a XEP for sending a sender ID (Google Cloud
> Messaging) or a device token (Apple Push Notification Service) or any
> other push notification service token (that is, a generic one) to the
> server.
> Almost all push notification services works the same way: the server
> provides a provider ID to the client and the client provides a device
> token to the server.

We discussed precisely this at the last summit. Nobody has actually
written a XEP yet, it would be great if you're able to write one :)

Your approach is fine, the only difference I see is that you have a
different JID for each service, whereas we were considering a single
push service that accepted requests from all types of devices (e.g.
push.example.com). I have to say I prefer this "all in one" approach,
but feel free to make a case for splitting them up.

Regards,
Matthew