On 14 May 2014 21:53, Christian Schudt <christian.sch...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some questions on MUC:
>
> 1. Shouldn't the (initial) room subject message have Delayed Delivery,
> because the subject was set some time ago? It probably should, but the spec
> doesn't mention anything about it (7.2.16 Room Subject).

The room subject is a property of the room, rather than an event like a
traditional message. It might even be sent from the room's own jid, rather
than the occupant jid. I think most implementations treat it semantically
as ongoing state rather than a message, but I don't think a delay element
is wrong. I'd be curious to see what clients would do with it, though,
before recommending it.

Yes, see http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#example-90

> 3. Can a client request multiple affiliations and get all affiliated
> users? Like:
>
> <query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#admin";>
> <item affiliation="member"/>
> <item affiliation="owner"/>
> <item affiliation="admin"/>
> </query>
>
> Which would return all members.

It's not against the schema, of course, but I think that's there for
multiple modifications - something I actually think is a bad idea. I don't
see any support for it in the text, though.

You can, of course, just send three <iq/>'s pipelined; it'll give you the
same number of round-trip waits.

> 4. muc#roomconfig_whois config option: Is it used for roles or
> affiliations or both? The description says "affiliations", but the sample
> includes "moderators", which is a role. Can an implementation freely choose
> the possible options?

I think it has to be roles, really - that is, the use of "Affiliations" in
the registry submission is an error.

This generally controls whether real jids are included in presence.